Trauma impels people both to withdraw from close relationships and to seek them desperately. The profound disruption in basic trust, the common feelings of shame, guilt, and inferiority, and the need to avoid reminders of the trauma that might be found in social life, all foster withdrawal from close relationships. But the terror of the traumatic event intensifies the need for protective attachments. The traumatized person therefore frequently alternates between isolation and anxious clinging to others. […] It results in the formation of intense, unstable relationships that fluctuate between extremes.
Judith Herman in Trauma and Recovery
my drag name is ‘morrissey’.
Look at that EYEBROW, that is impressive.
my thanks! I’ll pass on your compliments to the eyebrow as soon as it’s come down my forehead far enough to be within earshot.
Anon hate from the late 1800’s.
WHERE ARE MY HISTORY FOLKS.
This archive is incredible. I’ve discovered it today and have just been rolling around the WWII section. So many sad, wonderful, moving and fascinating things captured on film.
“Hello, Joan,” said Sherlock.
Title: No Bangs Without Foreign Office Approval
Pairing: fem!John Watson/fem!Sherlock Holmes
Summary: It’s 1942, and while London’s nights are no longer interrupted by air raid sirens, the war still rages and not all of it is fought openly. From its headquarters in Baker Street, the Special Operations Executive plans to set Europe ablaze with its networks of spies and saboteurs in Nazi-occupied territory. Joan Watson knows what it is to keep a secret, but she isn’t expecting to be recruited into the clandestine world of SOE. Nor is she prepared to meet Sherlock Holmes, a former private detective who has by her own admission ruined her own life at least three times over—and who has a murder to solve in Occupied France.
OH BLOODY HELL yes it’s Monday and I didn’t realise. This is what happens when I don’t have any structure to my week. Blast blast blast. Sorry, there was meant to be a No Bangs update today, but I think I’m too tired to do it justice in formatting and note-adding. Tomorrow morning! Stay tuned. Think of it as wartime austerity.
1. Handwrite your name.
2. Handwrite your Tumblr URL.
3. Handwrite your blog title.
4. Handwrite your Tumblr crushes.
5. Handwrite your favorite season of the year.
6. Handwrite what color shirt your wearing right now.
7. Handwrite your favorite actresses and actors.
8. Handwrite your favorite TV shows.
9. Handwrite your favorite bands/singers.
10. Handwrite your favorite songs.
11. Handwrite your favorite number.
12. Handwrite the country you currently live in.
13. Handwrite the country you were born in.
14. Handwrite “hello”.
15. Handwrite your name in the hand that you do NOT normally use.
16. Handwrite 3 words that sum you up.
17. Handwrite the first 10 words that come to mind.
18. Handwrite a message to your followers.
19. Handwrite my url
Aye, sure, we-ell.
Might not get to this tonight, it’s lateish.